Friday, January 30, 2009

Anchors Away


I'm beginning my application process for the SYC (Seattle Yacht Club). After much consideration I have decided to apply for membership and become one of "them." So far it has been smooth sailing since my "adopt-a" Grandpa is overly excited about sponsoring me and has already lent me his SYC yearbook to review. The process also requests that I find others that will "second" my sponsorship and this requires me to cold call other members and plead as politely as possible for their recommendation letters. Wish me luck... I sound 12 on the phone. The only thing that poses a problem is the fact that they want people who are 100% interested in boating/yachting/sailing. After I complete the process on paper I have to go in for a formal interview, this is where I'm bound to screw myself royally. Not only am I completely clueless about boats, I'm obvious about it. Case and point, my "adopt-a" Grandpa asks me if I know a thing about boats and my enthusiastic reply involves the words CLUTCH and ENGINE.

At least I'm prepared.



No comments:

Post a Comment