We had to put our beloved Mo to sleep this week. He was a major part of our lives for many, many years. He was my FIRST cat. He was adopted from "The Ark" pet store on the Plateau. He was a Siamese tabby with BRIGHT BLUE eyes, who came from a litter of all boys. His brothers were Larry and Curly. One day after church on our way into Starbucks, I spotted the kittens on their kitten tower. After we got our coffee's I begged and pleaded for my parents to let us visit the kitty's. After begging and one major crying fit, Mo curled up into my Mom's lap and it was a done deal. It was extremely sad to have to say goodbye to him. I know that he is no longer in pain, and that he is essentially in a better place. Regardless, he will be greatly missed by everyone. My heart aches especially for my Sister, I know how much he meant to her and I pray that she is able to mend her broken heart quickly.
- the way he would drink water by dipping his paws into the sink/toilet or drink directly from the faucet
- hearing my Sister scream because Mo was biting her ankles because she was getting ready to leave him
- his love for ice cubes and the ice cube maker
- when he escaped into the outdoors and when we found him, we realized he wasn't scared, he had no desire to be found or put back inside the house
- his love for toothpaste caps
- "mo mo kitty kitty mo!"
- how he'd curl up wherever there was sun
- his blue eyes
- his temper tantrums and crying fits
- returning home after vacations to find that he had pushed the screen out the window and was hanging out in the backyard
- how we always knew when he had gotten into the "nip" because he would make weird noises and freak out around the house
- how he curled up every night at the foot of my Sister's bed
I love you Mo Mo and I will miss you
(purple was the color of his most recent collar)