Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Goodbye Flips

It's fall. It's so unbelievably fall. I love this season and I hate it all the same. I love the color change, the fresh and crisp air, and football. I hate having to put my flip flops and freckles into storage; I have the hardest time letting go of the things that make me happy. Yes I might be a bit shallow to admit that flip flops (plastic sandals) and tanned skin and freckles make me happy, but it's the truth.

I cringe at the thought of socks, turtlenecks and pale skin. How could that excite me? Everyone's argument for fall always includes pumpkins. PUMPKINS. What the hell am I gonna do with a pumpkin? I'm not allowed to play with knives - and I hate Halloween. (yeah I said it)

To avoid the gasp that I traditionally make towards the end of October when I realize my skin matches the pale tone of my hair; I died it an Auburn/Brown. So far, I have no complaints..... I've also purchased an elaborate tanning package :) skin cancer my ass! I look quite odd waddling in the rain with my jeans rolled up, my plastic flip flops on and a scarf, North face and umbrella in tow. Regardless, I make it work.

The Fall also brings to my attention that I am about to turn 1 year older. Woohoo bring on the late twenties! 26! twenty-fucking-six. Nov. 13th - I can guarantee I'll be tan, wearing flip flops and nowhere near a pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment