Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Times They Are A-Changin'

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone.
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.


Every year around my birthday I sit and I ponder what I've accomplished during that year. I never write anything down. I hardly even remember what happened throughout the year so it makes my "review" pretty pointless. Well this year.. 25... I have some shit to remember and reflect on.

25

My birthday was EPIC. I was able to celebrate TWICE. My sister, parents and Grandma all got together with me on my actual birthday and prepared all of my favorite dishes, including my favorite confetti cake cupcakes. It was amazing. I got diamond earrings from my parents and a new camera from Sissy. The next day I arrived at work to find an "e-vite" in my email inbox. It was a surprise dinner with my ENTIRE family at a little Italian restaurant in Seattle. I was so shocked and so excited I could hardly stand it. We went to DeNunzio's where the owner (straight off the boat) served us his favorites and kept the vino flowing. I'm pretty sure it was a night that everyone enjoyed and will remember. After we closed the restaurant down, we headed to the Frontier Room for some late night dancing. Things got wild, sweaty and overall hilarious. I ended up dancing without my shoes, my Dad kept trying to take his shirt off and my Sister, Mom and Uncle got in a fight with the bouncer. Nothing says "HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY" like getting thrown out of a bar. 25 started off with a BANG

I'll blow through the holiday season since nothing extremely out of the ordinary happened.

I guess the most important things took place starting in the Spring and continuing through the Fall. Let me break it down for the sake of my sanity.. and yours. Whoever "you" might be. (In no particular order)

I scored floor seats to the Kenny Chesney concert, saw a band I've loved since Junior High (Montgomery Gentry)
Sutich Sisters went to Maui (kicked Maui's ass)
I spent an abundance of time laying by my pool (more time than in Chelan)
Sissy moved out of Nani and Papa's condo
The condo sold.
Mika almost died when we got back from Maui
I went to 3 Mariners games and 9 Seahawks games + 3 from the '08 season
I became a SEAHAWKS SEASON TICKET HOLDER.. and I have awesome seats *Thanks Pops
I only went to Chelan 4 times, the least amount of time I've ever spent in Chelan since owning a place
Reconnected with long lost friends and/or people I thought I was friends with even though they didn't (cough cough Tucker cough cough)
I joined a gym, and made it my routine
Died my hair dark, twice.
Survived aka surviving Sissy being away from me (she's currently in Italia)
I started dating again.... so far... I haven't ruined anything yet
I contemplated changing my profession MULTIPLE times
I watched fireworks from a boat on Lake Chelan. This was a lifetime first.
Seattle's weather reached all time high's. I survived that.
I caught SWINE FLU, oink oink baby. Missed the vaccine by a month
I went to my first Sounders game with my AMAZING friend Meesh!!!
Meesh FINALLY got engaged on the day before the 4th of July.. a phone call that I will NEVER EVER FORGET!
I got over my fear of needles and now get shots regularly
My hero and someone I loved very very much passed away :( R.I.P. Gpa Hanky
I spent hours at my parents house BBQ-ing and drinking around a bonfire.
I reconnected with my oldest cousin and we get together regularly for dinner.
I found myself, more so than last summer.
I'm happy... on my way to something beautiful.

25, was epic. It will definitely be an age that I will never forget, or be able to repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment