Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Impossibly, Possible..

Some things just seem like the impossible. Like there is no way in God's great earth that it can be done. I want to make the impossible, possible. I want to focus all of my attention and hard work towards something that I feel or have felt is impossible.

Here is my list of impossible possibilities:

1. Mend a broken or damaged heart WITHOUT using a new relationship as a band-aide
2. Lose weight in a self esteem boosting way (i.e. no eating disorders, quick fix pills)
3. Date like a man (i.e. have fun, don't take things too seriously, don't become attached)
4. Forgive. Forgive. Forgive. Forget. Forget. Forget.
5. Make a goal, stick to it, see my goal through and reap its rewards
6. Quit swearing.
7. Replace one BAD habit, with one GOOD habit
8. See the beauty in ugly
9. Stop trying to figure out "the plan" learn to enjoy the ride
10. Remember this list, remember the motivation behind it. Start today.

I wrote a couple of notes.
One in love, one in anger.
They're lying there dying in the dresser drawer.
Lived louder than my voice. Struggled through a stranger.
He loved me until I loved you even more.
It's a bitter sweet victory.
Knowin' someone else wanted me.

Now I can't laugh, can't cry.
And I can't run, can't hide.
You get used to the pain, and numb to the sting
Till you can't feel anything.

You tried to explain, but I couldn't hear it.
As if your words were my tears.
Flowing freely, warm and quiet.
From the edges of my eyes and my ears.
Then all that disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment