Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Things that matter....

"...Sometimes I take on this world by myself,
thinkin' I got all the answers
don't need anybody's help.
Well God was right there waiting for me all along,
to fall down on my knees, surrender all..."

"Things that matter, things that don't"

I'm beginning to take inventory on things in my life and make a list of things and people that matter, and those that don't. I've spent so much of my life trying to impress people that frankly just don't give a damn about me, and why? I want to surround myself with people that matter, I want to focus on the things that matter. I don't want anymore time being wasted on things that bring me down, or people that add fuel to the fire rather than show up with buckets of water. I know it's easier said than done, but if I've made that much effort over the years for people that don't matter, surely I can make this change for one person who certainly does... me :)

"Things That Matter" - Rascal Flatts

No comments:

Post a Comment