Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ipod + grocery shopping

I have a new found love, listening to my ipod while grocery shopping. It's the most calming, exciting and entertaining way to get the job done. The other option is to shop with my Sissy, together we are hell on wheels and there is never a dull moment. Recently I hit up the grocery store on a Friday night at the WORST time ever, 5pm. The store was madness, complete chaos, kids crying, lonely spinsters throwing carts into people, slow walkers, after work hustlers, minimal checkers, you name it. I began to feel very anxious about picking out the right type of apple, a choice that is usually so simple became horrific and overly complicated. So I brilliantly decided to pull out my ipod to avoid the madness. Not only did it drown out the excess noise but it put a little pep into my step and quickly I realized what could have very well been the best decision, EVER. Now I realize many people might find this a bit odd, I mean who freaks out about picking out apples? Well everyone has their moments and I guess mine was at QFC in their produce department.

If you happen to see me grocery shopping, don't be offended if I don't respond to you. I'm in the middle of Rihanna's "Disturbia" and I can't be bothered, text me instead!


No comments:

Post a Comment