Monday, December 28, 2009

Always Midnight

"You're right,
I must be crazy.
You're out getting high,
I'm here pretending I'm in love.
The sound of your heart,
my head on your chest,
dropped your hands to your sides
and gave up.
I'd rather be crazy than right-
Tonight"

New Years Eve is on its way. The stress of making plans, having a date, finding an outfit and the realization that another year is coming to an end, is approaching at RECORD SPEED. I always dread holidays/events that require a significant other. Valentines day, Holiday parties, Halloween, Weddings, and New Years Eve are all holidays where dates are encouraged and expected. I dread them, I'm not the girl who ever has a date, or even the ability to say + 1 on an invite. I am me... I am the party. 2010.... be good to me. I don't want to be alone at midnight.....

"A way to get back to you,
A way to get out of here,
I don't want to be alone
At midnight anymore.
How do I get away
Wanna see you in the daylight
I don't wanna be afraid of
Midnight anymore"

No comments:

Post a Comment