Monday, March 1, 2010

heart of the matter

Ever since I was little, I've been in love with the Eagles. I've said numerous times that I would give anything to see them in concert..

Well, on May 13th at 8 PM I will be in attendance at the Key Arena to see the Eagles perform. I think I'm still in shock. I have loved them for so long, it's kind of surreal. If the concert is anything similar to their "Hell Freezes Over" tour, I will most likely cry tears of ridiculousness. The best part about this concert is I'm going with my Mom, Aunt Ween and Aunt Nikki. The four of us are guaranteed to be some sort of shit show frenzy.

I hope they sit on stools and perform like they do on the "Hell Freezes Over" DVD. Yes I have it, I cannot even count the number of times I've sat and watched it from start to finish. I literally have things memorized. (example) Like when Don Henley begins the first cord of Heart of the Matter he says "this took me 42 years to write and 5 minutes to sing." I can't help but fall in love every time I hear him say that.

If they perform any of the following, I will lose my shit:
  • Heart of the Matter
  • Learn to be Still
  • Wasted Time
  • Last Resort
  • Life's Been Good
  • New York Minute
Who am I kidding... I'm going to lose it the minute I hear the guitar intro to "Hotel California"

"Heart of the Matter" - Don Henley

No comments:

Post a Comment